Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Lets Talk Tattoos Link Up

Photobucket

I'm linking up with Melanie today for her Lets Talk Tattoos Link up.

I have 3 tattoos!

I got my first tattoo in 2004. A few ladies here at work were planning to go get a tattoo, so since I had been thinking about getting one, but would never do it on my own, I decided to join them. We went on a Sunday afternoon. I love dolphins and had the tattoo I wanted already planned out. It turned out perfect and I love it. The colors are still so vibrant today, 8 years later.

They are on my lower/middle back. ☺

The very next summer, one of the same co-workers of mine decided she wanted to get another tattoo. So I said would go too and get a paw print on the inside of my left ankle. :-) I love animals and had just gotten my dog Libby a month before, so I got the paw print for my love of animals (dogs especially).

Then after my Grammy passed away last year, my cousin thought we should all go get tattoos of a hummingbird in honor of her. She loved hummingbirds. My sister and I were pregnant at the time, so we waited and went with my mom to get our hummingbird tattoos. We went on the 1 year anniversary of her death. (April 21st) My mom got hers on the inside of her ankle and my sister and I got ours on the top of our foot. We also incorporated her "grammy" signature. I had a birthday card that she had signed "grammy" and I took it to the tattoo artist to incorporate in the tattoo. It turned out really cool. I love it. I do have to say, that this tattoo hurt more than the other two I have. The top of your foot is so thin skinned and tender. Ouch! But it was worth it. ☺


7 comments :

Melanie @ 4Kottez said...

Awww Amy I love them - that paw print is so cute and I think I am going to send to my SIL so she can look. She is a doggie fanatic. I love the hummingbirds and that you all went and did it. So cool. Thanks for linking up today - Happy Tuesday girlfriend.

Shannon said...

Very cool blog post. I have one tattoo too. It's a shamrock. And it's a tramp stamp. They weren't called tramp stamps in 2001. I swear. ;)

Stephanie said...

I LOVE your hummingbird tattoo and the meaning behind it. I've always been too chicken to get a tattoo lol.

Elle Noel said...

My favorite is the Hummingbird and the meaning behind it, how incredibly sweet and endearing to remember your Grammy this way! Love this post!

Holly said...

Love all your tattoos, especially the paw print. I want to get a tattoo of our dog's actual paw print but since I already got one this year I'll save that one for next year. Fun post!

Holly said...

The twins! :)

And I love your Grammy tattoo and what that means to you. :)

Marianne said...

I love all of your tats especially the Grammy one! It is beautiful and I love the story behind it. I kind of wish I had something like that for my mom and dad...that is just so beautiful! :)