Wednesday, January 4, 2017

16 in 2016

I thought I'd do a little 2016 recap, because we had a pretty great year.

One
The kids and I enjoyed playing in the first snow of the season.

Two
We finally moved to our new house after 6 long months of renovating. It still wasn't finished on 2/6/16, but it was finished enough for us to move in and we have been finishing up the rest a little bit at a time!! We love our new house and our new neighborhood.

Three
We celebrated Easter!

Four
Jake and I traveled to Costa Rica in April with friends and it was such a beautiful and relaxing trip.

Five
We enjoyed watching Jackson play T-Ball and Soccer in the Spring!


Six
We celebrated Avery's 2nd birthday with a Peppa Pig Party at the park!

Seven
Avery had her very first haircut.

Eight
We went on several adventures around the city, including visits to the Zoo, Magic House, Busch Stadium for a Cardinals Game, Castlewood State Park, Laumeier Sculpture Park, Suson Park, the Science Center, Sky Zone and Forest Park to name a few.

Nine
We celebrated Independence Day

Ten
The Kids started their new Pre-School!

Eleven
The kids and I went to a beautiful 9/11 memorial on Art Hill in Forest Park. This was one of my favorite pictures of the year.

Twelve
We took an amazing Family Vacation to Disney World!! (Probably the highlight of the year for me.)

Thirteen
We celebrated Jackson's 5th birthday with a Jake and the Neverland Pirates party at the park!

Fourteen
We celebrated Halloween!

Fifteen
We hosted our first Thanksgiving in the new house with Jake's side of the family!

Sixteen
We celebrated our First Christmas in our new home!

Like I said, 2016 was pretty good to us and we are already looking forward to a lot of great things to come in 2017. We are going on a family trip later this month to Phoenix, AZ which will include Avery's first plane ride and a visit to the Grand Canyon, Jake and I will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary in July, we plan to open our pool this summer and Jackson will start Kindergarten in the Fall!! 




2 comments :

Jamie Kubeczka said...

How fun, love this idea! Sounds like 2017 is off to a great start for you.

Callie said...

How fun, I love all your beautiful pictures! I'm still avoiding the first haircut for Gwen. :-/ I don't want to cut off her little baby curls on the ends!