Friday, March 18, 2016

Five on Friday

 
Happy Friday!
Today I'm linking up with Christina, April and Natasha for Five on Friday!
 
Yesterday was St. Patrick's Day and I always like to get pictures of the kids for each holiday for their yearly scrapbooks. So when I got home from work last night, I took the kids out and had them sit by our daffodils for some pictures in their St. Patty's day shirts. A few short minutes and a little bribery and I got a handful of cute pictures of the kiddos. 





 The house next door to us has a drive-way that is right next to our driveway. The only thing separating them is a narrow patch of landscaping. In between our driveways is this beautiful Magnolia tree. When we first looked at our house it was Summer time and we've gone through Fall and Winter, but since this little tree didn't have the pink blooms on it, I didn't really know it was a Magnolia Tree. I've wanted a Magnolia tree for a long time, but never planted one because we didn't plan on staying in our old home for very long. So when we moved I said I would plant one at some point, but this past week, the little tree in between our driveways bloomed and I was so excited to see it was a Magnolia Tree. It's technically not ours, but it's close enough that I can enjoy it without needing to necessarily plant one myself, though I still may at some point. I posted a picture of one of the buds earlier this week that hadn't quite bloomed yet, but here's a picture of a beautiful bloom.


 I got the kids Easter baskets all finished up last night. I plan on having a post up early next week of what all I got for them. I'm so excited for Easter this year. Avery was really too small to get it last year, but I think she'll be so cute hunting for eggs along with Jackson!! 


2 Weeks from today, we'll be on a plane at this very moment flying to Costa Rica!! I am so looking forward to this amazing get-a-way!! It's going to be such a fun adventure with some relaxing time as well. I can't wait!
 

Last month I was privileged to take the sweetest couples' engagement pictures. They are friends from church and they wanted a few pictures for their save-the-date cards that they'll be sending out for their September wedding. I was so happy with how they turned out so I thought I'd share a few with you all. This was my first time shooting an engagement session and it might be one of my favorites!
  

Have a great weekend!!!

2 comments :

R's Rue said...

Such cuties
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Desiree Macke said...

You snagged some great pics of the kids! I am all about a little bribery for a good photo.
Costa Rica?! Oh my gosh, amazing! That sounds like the best time ever.