Tuesday, February 4, 2014

27 Week Bump Date

How Far Along: 27 Weeks + 1 Day
(You can check out my 27 week post from when I was pregnant with Jackson here.)


Size of Baby: (According to babycenter.com) 27 weeks: This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (about the size of a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers.


Total Weight Gain/Loss: I had a dr. appt. at 25 weeks and was up 19 pounds then. She was measuring 1 week ahead as she has been for a majority of this pregnancy.

Maternity Clothes: Yes, all maternity clothes.


Gender: Its a GIRL!!! Still nameless!!


Movement: Yes, she's moving around quite a bit now, and I love it.


Food Cravings: Still no real food cravings.


What I miss: Nothing really at the moment, other than just being able to do normal things without feeling tired or out of breath. I also miss being able to wear my wedding rings, which I haven't been able to wear for quite some time now. :-(


Sleep: Having to get up at least once a night to use the restroom and just can't seem to get comfortable sometimes.


Symptoms: A growing belly, and some sciatic nerve pain that seems to be getting worse, especially after I've cleaned the house. I'm also having a few Braxton Hicks contractions here and there and some pain under my right ribs, which I had with Jackson as well. I've also had a little bit of heartburn this last week.


Best Moment this week: Taking a family trip to Phoenix, AZ to visit a friend. It was so nice to get away from this cold, snowy weather for a few days and relax.


What I am looking forward to: Deciding on a definite name for baby girl and getting her nursery ready. I'm also looking forward to my next Dr. appt. where we'll get to schedule my c-section and have a date to look forward to meeting our sweet Baby Girl!

Here's a little comparison for you.

And for another comparison... here is a side-by-side of me at 27 weeks pregnant with Jackson and me at 27 weeks pregnant with Baby Girl.

8 comments :

Holly said...

She is higher and you look smaller. :)

Anonymous said...

I had bad heartburn before getting pregnant and it seems like it's only gotten worse since being pregnant. LOVELY!

This weather has really over stayed it's welcome. be careful out there today!

Shannon said...

I'm still waiting (not so) patiently for her name! :)

Lizzie @ This Happy Life said...

You look so good! I can't wait to hear her name :)

Desiree Macke said...

Only 19 pounds?! By 27 weeks my doctor was telling me, "slow down the weight gain!" You're doing awesome.
Can't wait to hear all about your AZ trip.

Through Crystal's Eyes said...

I heard girls carry higher than boys. It looks that way with you. You look great!!

Jamie Kubeczka said...

I love the weekly look back photos. Pregnancy is so amazing to me!

Stephanie said...

I hope you guys pick a name soon!