Tuesday, October 2, 2012

I Can't Believe Its October Already!

And I can't believe my baby is going to be one this month!

My how time flies!

It just doesn't seem possible that its been almost a year already! I'm feeling quite emotional over it. Its a bittersweet feeling for sure. I can remember hearing mom's talk about how sad they were when they had to pack up their child's baby clothes and I thought that seemed a little silly, but I know now just how emotional that can be.

It seems as though they are a baby for such a short time and no matter how much we try and stop and take it all in, it goes by in a flash and its all just a memory. 

I am excited though, for what we have to look forward to in this next year with Jackson. His first real words, going and doing fun things and him really getting into it and getting excited about things. Taking him on his first vacation. I'm looking forward to it all!! 

So its a bittersweet feeling for me. I'm sad he won't be a baby anymore, but I'm so excited for all that we have to look forward to. He's such a sweet boy and I'm just so happy to have him in our lives. We are beyond blessed.

7 comments :

She's a big star said...

Soo bittersweet! Hard to believe but as the days go by and the years go by, every moment seems to get better than the last and you wonder 'how the heck is that even possible?!' I still get emotional on birthdays and my son will be 11 this fall! :/ Enjoy the last few days of <1 year and just know that amazingly, it's going to get even better!

Melanie @ 4Kottez said...

It is so crazy to look back and see how a full year has flown by already and time just keeps getting faster and faster. Happy early birthday sweet boy.

Kristen said...

It is bittersweet, but I can tell you that as they get older (my oldest is 3) things do become fun in a different way! They get excited about things, you can really explain things to them. The things they pick up on, and the things they say are the best. They teach you how to be a kid again. My second baby is 6 months old. We aren't having any more...and I feel like time is flying by even faster with him. But, I know the things we have to look forward to and what a perfect little man he will grow into, just like his brother! Enjoy your little man, and his first birthday! :)

Shannon said...

I agree 100%. bittersweet is the perfect word.

Ashlee said...

Bittersweet it is but they are so fun with each age. I cant believe how it flys by either but I love the age they are about to be, they learn sooo much in this year!!

Holly said...

I hope Jackson-boy is feeling better today. I can't believe he will be one this month. We are so excited for his MM party. :)

Stephanie said...

It is definitely depressing how fast they grow up, but I too am exciting for all the things you get to go out and do when they get older.