Wednesday, July 18, 2012

We have a WALKER people!!

Before we left on our anniversary trip, I told Jackson the one thing he couldn't do while we were gone is start walking! Well wouldn't you know it, thats exactly what he did... the day after we left!!

I was really kind of joking when I said this, because I never dreamed in a million years that it would actually happen. He wasn't even letting go and standing on his own, much less taking anymore than a random step once or twice.  Not to mention he's only 8 months old!!

When we got back to St. Louis and stopped to pick up Jackson, of course I was super excited to see him. After many hugs and kisses, I put him down and much to my surprise, he let go of my leg and started walking!!! My mom was keeping it a secret because she knew I didn't want him to walk while we were gone. I wanted to be there when he took his first few steps. She wanted me to see it for myself before saying anything. Needless to say, I was stunned!

Here is a picture and a little video.



While its safe to say I'm super proud of him for walking at such a young age, I am a little sad that I wasn't here to see him walk for the first time. But I'll get over it. ☺ 

I just hope he's not like this with everything he does down the road, meaning, I specifically told him not to walk while we were gone and he did exactly what I told him not to do!! Little stinker! ☺

2 comments :

Shannon said...

This is incredible!! Walking at 8 months! :) You should be proud. Jackson is a quick learner.

Melissa said...

Aaaah! :) He is so cute!!! Watch out Amy! He is definitely on the move :)