Monday, July 23, 2012

Sleeping Through The Night

I'm taking a break from our vacation posts today, mainly because I forgot my memory stick, to talk about getting your baby to sleep through the night.

Jackson has always been a pretty good sleeper and we've never had problems with him being awake all night or anything, but he does still wake up at least once, but mostly twice a night for a bottle. He always takes the bottle and goes right back to sleep, but I would really like to eliminate the nighttime feedings all together and get him sleeping through the night.

I know this will take some time and patience, but I also know its something we really need to work on. He's 9 months old now and I know he really needs to be sleeping through the night.

So I'm just looking for some advice on how some of you mom's have gotten your babies to sleep through the night. I just read about the Moms on Call method. Have any of you used this method or some other method that worked well for you? Any comments or suggestions would be helpful. ☺ 

2 comments :

kkasun said...

I hate to say it, but CIO worked for us. It was only three tough nights and now she goes to sleep great! We do the routine and put her in her crib and she plays for a bit and then puts herself to sleep within a half an hour and no fussing! We did it at 6 months and are so glad we did.

Good luck!

Alexis said...

I think I already posted on this, but I feel like babies sleep through the night when they are ready. I believe that crying for comfort is as important of a need as crying for food.

I think you have the right idea with taking it slow. Have you read Elizabeth Pantley's, No Cry sleep solution? It helped us go from 3 times a night to 1 time a night and then magically at 14 months he just started sleeping through the night on his own. You sound like you are doing a great job momma! Those sleepness nights are why baby #2 is about a year away for us. I have lots of sleep to catch up on ; )