Tuesday, April 12, 2011

13 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights


How Far Along: 13 weeks today.



Size of baby: The baby weighs nearly an ounce, and is about 3 inches long (crown to rump)... about the size of a medium shrimp.


Total Weight Gain/Loss: I'm not really sure, I should get weighed today at my Dr. Appointment.




Maternity Clothes: My mom took me shopping this past weekend for my birthday and I got a couple pairs of maternity dress pants and shirts for work. I was really starting to need the pants. I can still wear regular shirts though.




Gender: We should be able to find out in about 5 weeks. Sometime in mid May. I can't wait. :-)




Movement: Not yet, its still a little too early.



Food Cravings: None yet. Just whatever sounds good at the time.



What I miss: Being able to eat certain things. It seems that some foods give me indigestion, so I kind of have to watch what I eat now.


Sleep: Still not sleeping great. I continue to have to get up in the middle of the night to use the restroom and i don't seem to be sleeping very soundly. But I did sleep great last night and didn't wake up until my alarm went off this morning, which was heavenly!


Symptoms: The nauseous feeling seems to be subsiding and I'm starting to have a little bit more energy I think, which is wonderful. I am still having to make frequent trips to the restroom, which I've heard doesn't get any better any time soon. I also have a little bit of indigestion when I eat certain things and I still seem to have this bad taste in my mouth, which I can't get rid of unless I'm eating or chewing gum. Its really annoying!!



Best Moment this week: Feeling better and getting to shop for maternity clothes!


What I am looking forward to: The second trimester and I'm also looking forward to my 12 week Dr. Appt. today, when we should get to hear the heartbeat.

No comments :