Friday, April 26, 2019

Five on Friday

Happy Friday!!!

One
We have a jam-packed weekend coming up. Tonight we have Grant's Farm night with Jackson's school. Then we have 2 soccer games and 2 baseball games on Saturday morning, Avery's rainbow-themed birthday party Saturday afternoon and then church Sunday morning and my nephew's birthday party Sunday afternoon! I'm tired just thinking about it all, but it should all be fun!

Two
I am currently reading "Where the Crawdads Sing" and I'm having a hard time putting it down. It's just so good. I'm almost finished with it and I can't wait to find out what happens, but at the same time, I don't want the story to end. Here's a little synopsis about the book. I highly recommend it!!

"For years, rumors of the "Marsh Girl" have haunted Barkley Cove, a quiet town on the North Carolina coast. So in late 1969, when handsome Chase Andrews is found dead, the locals immediately suspect Kya Clark, the so-called Marsh Girl. But Kya is not what they say. Sensitive and intelligent, she has survived for years alone in the marsh that she calls home, finding friends in the gulls and lessons in the sand. Then the time comes when she yearns to be touched and loved. When two young men from town become intrigued by her wild beauty, Kya opens herself to a new life--until the unthinkable happens."

Three
We recently bought a new refrigerator and I absolutely love it. The Samsung we bought 3 1/2 years ago when we first bought our house, continuously had problems with the ice maker. It leaked and froze up on a very regular basis. We had someone out 3 or 4 different times to fix it, but it just kept breaking. So we finally decided to buy a whole new refrigerator rather than putting any more money into the old one. I have to say, I will probably never buy another Samsung appliance again. Our new refrigerator is an LG, and so far I'm loving it. We bought the 3-year warranty plan that Best Buy offered just in case, but hopefully we don't have any problems with this new fridge. 

Four
Avery, and her best friend from school, had the best time on their play-date at the park last week! It was a beautiful day so I decided to take them on a picnic at the park. They ate lunch, played on the playground and we walked around the pond and fed the ducks! It was such a fun afternoon.



Five
This is my new favorite coffee flavor. If you like hazelnut, you will really like this coffee. It's so good.



I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

No comments :