Friday, October 21, 2016

Five On Friday

 


Happy Friday!
Today I'm linking up with Christina, April and Natasha for Five on Friday!
Sorry for the little blogging hiatus. We've been so busy that I haven't had a chance to blog in a while. Hopefully I can get back in the groove next week. :-)


One
We had a WONDERFUL time at Disney World. We've been back for three weeks and we're already talking about our next trip. It was so much fun and we can't wait to go back! I've been working on a blog post to recap our trip. Hopefully I can get it finished up and posted next week.


Two
We are in full birthday party mode around here. Jackson turned 5 yesterday and his party is tomorrow! I can't believe my sweet boy is 5. He's officially a big kid now and I can't even believe it. We are having a Jake and the Neverland Pirates party at a nearby park! The weather is supposed to be sunny and 70 degrees. I'm thanking God for such perfect weather because it's so iffy this time of year. It should be a fun party for the kids. The pavilion is right next to the playground, so I imagine they'll spend the entire party running around and playing at the playground!
(A picture of Jackson on every birthday from the day he was born all the way til his 5th birthday yesterday.)


Three
Last night we had my sister and her family over for dinner and to carve pumpkins! It's been a tradition of ours since before we even had kids. And really, we say we do it for the kids now, but after about 5 minutes the kids lose interest and start playing while we carve the pumpkins. Ha. This year, my brother in law did a car for my 2 older nephews and my sister did Daniel Tiger for my youngest nephew. Jake carved a Jake and the Neverland Pirates pumpkin for Jackson and my brother in law helped me out and did the carving on Avery's pumpkin. She picked Doc McStuffins and it turned out so cute! She was really excited to see it all finished.


Four
My dad has been working the last 2 days on trying to get our backsplash finished in the kitchen. There is just a small section on the wall that needs to be finished and it still needs to be grouted, but I LOVE it so much!! The backsplash was one of those things we just kept putting off, but it really has made the kitchen look so great and it just finishes it perfectly. It's marble subway tile and I just love the way it looks with our Silestone countertops!! I also love the herringbone pattern. It makes it a little different and unique.


Five
I was off work this past Monday, so I took the kids to a nearby Farmer's Market to play at their little pumpkin patch. We had so much fun! I was also looking for a couple corn stalks and hay bails to decorate our front porch and they had them their, so now our front porch is looking so cute all decorated for Fall.



I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!!

4 comments :

Laura Darling said...

Your backsplash looks absolutely amazing! Have fun at the party this weekend!

Just Jess said...

I love your backsplash especially those utensil holders! Jess at Just Jess

Melissa said...

Your backsplash is gorgeous!! Love it! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

Jamie Kubeczka said...

So fun! I love seeing all your Disney pictures. I am so ready for pumpkins and everything Fall!!