Monday, April 30, 2012

Jackson at 6 months old.

Jackson is, without a doubt, the best thing thats ever happened to me! I can't even begin to describe how much I love this little boy. He is so sweet and so happy and I just love him to pieces. Being his mommy is so fun and I love every minute of it.

Jackson is getting so big!! I can't believe he's six months old already. It just doesn't seem possible! He had his six month check up this past Saturday and he weighed a whopping 20 pounds!! No wonder my arms hurt!! He's in the 90th percentile on weight and length. Its getting to the point where I can hardly carry him in his car-seat/pumpkin seat. He had to get three shots, but only cried for a short time. The doctor said everything looked great. He's a healthy boy and I couldn't be happier. The doctor did say it looked like Jackson had a tooth on the bottom that might be coming in soon. I'm gonna miss that gummy grin, but I'm also looking forward to those 2 little bottom teeth coming through. I just love baby smiles with those 2 bottom teeth.

Here he is at the pediatrician's office Saturday. ☺

He's started army crawling and getting up on his hands and knees this past week, so I know it won't be long before he's actually crawling around. On one hand I'm excited about him crawling, but I know he will then be into everything, which is not so exciting.

He's eating 6 ounce bottles every 4 hours still and then eating a fruit and some oatmeal/baby rice cereal for breakfast, usually a veggie for lunch and sometimes a veggie for dinner. He loves everything we've given him, except green beans. So we've been mixing the green beans with a fruit and he eats them with no problems that way. ☺

Daddy feeding Jackson his lunch. ♥

Jackson loves bath time! I've taken the newborn sling out of the baby tub and he's sitting up and splashing around. I usually put a couple toys in there for him to play with and he has so much fun. He got mad at me the other day because I was getting in the way of play time when I was washing him. ☺ I'm so glad he loves his bath. I hope that he loves the pool too. I can't wait to take him swimming this summer.

Jackson in his bath tub. ☺

I think he's starting to grow out of the Fischer Price Rock and Play Sleeper. He had been sleeping in that a majority of nights, but here lately he's learned how to roll over and almost fall out of it, so the last 2 nights I've worked hard to keep him in his crib all night. Its not easy! He was doing well in his crib right before he got an ear infection and then I started putting him in our room again to keep him elevated. Now its hard getting him to sleep in his crib because he's been so used to just falling asleep in his little rock and play sleeper in our room. But I've been determined to get him back in his crib now that he's feeling better, so we're making a little progress each night.

He loves playing with all his toys now and he especially loves the remote control and our cell phones. We actually have to hide them so he doesn't see them or else he wants them and will sometimes cry for them. While at Target this past week, I bought him a toy remote control! He loves it.
Jackson playing with his new remote control toy.

He's wearing some 9 month clothes, but mostly 12 and even some 18 month clothes!! He's in size FOUR diapers! He really is a big boy. After seeing him next to other babies his age, it really makes me realize just how big he is. His doctor said most babies gain about 2 pounds in 6 weeks where he gained 3! He's not overweight, just solid!

He loves to give kisses and its the sweetest thing ever. He grabs a hold of your face and pulls you close with his mouth open wide. He pulls hard but kisses gentle, its soooo sweet!

He just loves Jake. My mom says she's not sure which ones more excited to see Daddy in the evenings, the dogs or Jackson. He just lights up everytime he sees Jake. I love it!


Jackson,
Mommy and Daddy love you so much and feel so blessed to have you in our lives! You are such a sweet boy and we are having so much fun watching you grow and learn!

2 comments :

Holly said...

I love his reclining high chair... I need to find one for Olive.

So good seeing you guys on Saturday. Hopefully, you don't have any hail damage.

Melissa said...

What a sweet Boy! 6 months already...wow!