Monday, February 28, 2011

Morning Sickness Sucks!!!

I was really hoping I would be one of those lucky pregnant women who never got Morning Sickness.... unfortunately I wasn't. It started this past Wednesday, a day after I hit the six week mark, and it hasn't stopped since then. Its not only morning sickness, but more like "all day" sickness. Ugh. Fortunately for me, it hasn't been bad enough to where I've thrown up, but I pretty much feel nauseous off and on all day long. Nothing really seems to help either. I've tried, peanut butter crackers, toast, sprite and ginger root capsules. I've also tried mints, but they really only help while I have the mint in my mouth. Once its gone the sickness comes right back. I'm really praying this is short lived.   

4 comments :

Holly said...

Mine started at 6 weeks too and was all day, everyday until the first trimester was over. I hope that yours is just the normal fatigue and nausea that happens in the first few weeks.

Amy said...

Thats what mine seems to be, just nausea and fatigue. Was there anything that seemed to help you Holly??

Darci White said...

Hi there AND Congrats to you guys!!!!!!!! So very exciting, huh? And yes, I agree w/ this post....morning sickness does suck......horribly!

I was truly sick for about 17 weeks and was so upset by it. Was really hoping that I'd be one of the lucky 'ones'! The good news is, that it DOES go away! And then you just start to feel huge-mongous and can't bend over very well. ;) ;)

Hope you feel better soon!

You may have already tried these things, but I thought I'd share because anything at all that seemed to offer relief for me was a godsend!

-Preggy Pop Drops (think that's the name)

-Ginger anything. I couldn't eat meat for 17 weeks. The smell would make me gag. However, I had a mtg at a japanese steakhouse one day and ate my weight in chicken and steak drenched in their ginger sauce. It really helped!

-Eating crackers before you even get out of bed in the mornings. This seemed to help just a tad, but not a lot.

Okay, after typing all of that I'm so glad those days are behind me. I ate mac and cheese for weeks on end and was sooo sick. GET SOME REST and I'll keep you in my prayers!

Amy said...

Thanks!!! It is very exciting!! I'm so sorry you were sick for so long. Thats terrible. :-( Mine seems to be doing a lot better. I still feel a little nauseous every now and again, but its not near as bad as it was early last week when I wrote this post, so I'm hoping the worst is behind me. I've found that a little drink of Coke seems to sooth my stomach and keeping myself from getting hungry seems to help as well. I've heard about the Preggy Pops and was wondering whether they really worked or not. Glad to hear they do. Thanks for all your suggestions and I will deinately keep those in mind. Congrats on your pregnancy as well.