Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The news I was dreading...

In a previous post, I mentioned that my husband and I were having some trouble getting pregnant. Well yesterday, I got the news I was dreading. I went to the Dr. last month because my cycle never started and I was worried something might be wrong. She put me on Provera to start my cycle (which worked) and then she wanted to do a blood test to check and see if I was ovulating. They like your progesterone level to be 15 or higher, which shows that you're actually releasing an egg. My progesterone level was 0.5. :-( So I'm not ovulating at all. She said she'd like to put me on the fertility drug called Clomid. So I will start that my next cycle. Please keep us in your prayers.

4 comments :

Holly said...

I'm so sorry Amy. The good news is that you going in the right direction now and you know what the problem is! I just hope that you and Jake get pregnant soon!

Amy said...

Thanks Holly, I hope so too.

Stephanie said...

So sorry to hear that! I can only imagine! But at least they figured it out. I've had so many friends who've had similar troubles and are now happy parents!

Amy said...

Thanks for the encouragement Stephanie. I'm hoping to get some better answers at my Dr. appt. tomorrow.