Sunday, November 28, 2010

12 Days of Christmas Blog Challenge - Day 4: Tips/Tricks to a budget friendly holiday.

Normally I'm a lot better at keeping my blog up to date, but I haven't been doing so well at this 12 Days of Christmas thing. I have some catching up to do since I'm supposed to be on day 6 already. LOL.

I don't really have a lot of people to buy for and therefore don't have a lot of planning to do for buying Christmas gifts. Jake and I don't have any kids yet and only really buy for our parents, siblings and nieces/nephews. As I said on a prior blog entry, I normally just make a list of the people I'm buying for, write down the amount I plan to spend for each person/family and then write down what I plan to get for that person/family. Then as I buy the gift, I cross that person off the list. I usually don't spend all that much because we draw names on my side of the family and then we just buy for Jake's mom and then I put a basket together for Jake's 2 brothers' families. I usually don't start shopping til after Thanksgiving and I get pretty much all of it done in a matter of a couple weeks. I try not to stress over it too much.

Link up here:

No comments :